Saturday, July 24, 2010

["Into The Abyss Of The Brain"]____ A Short Story.

Friday Story::::::::::::::: "Into The Abyss Of The Brain."
Views: 37
Jul 09, 2010 10:57 am
Friday Story::::::::::::::: "Into The Abyss Of The Brain."
#
Manohar Bhatia
["Into The Abyss Of The Brain"]ByManohar Bhatia.A journey from Bangalore to Bombay by a luxurious bus normally takes close to 20 hours. The writer, Mr. Bhatia and his son Rajeev were two of the passengers on this luxurious bus.This is a true short story of his experience while traveling by this bus named VRL. Needless to say, a bit of fiction has also been part of this plot !I boarded the bus VRL at Bangalore Circle and walked into the interior of the bus to my seat. It was a Volvo bus, with a 2x2 seat arrangement. It was fully air-conditioned with all the opulence to pamper even the uninterested passenger ! It had high and stylish back seats with head phones provided for music for each passenger.With nothing to do for so many hours, I just slipped into my pushback seat and went into meditation.I soon found myself that I was standing on the top of the Planet Pluto, resembling like a human brain, with a deep fathomless gorge in front of me ! This gorge had a series of unending steps leading to the bottom. I went inside this gorge and after walking a few steps, I came across a river, whose water was blood red. This was a miracle river, where anyone having a bath was assured to live for at least 1000 years! Walking further into the gorge, I found myself in front of small white mountains, overlapping each other. These white mountains were resembling the cerebrum of a human brain. It was indeed a sheer delight to watch this new marvel of nature! I climbed one of the mountains and was overwhelmed by its beauty. It was simply breathtaking, to say the least. A new kind of peace and happiness was attracting me to enjoy it for a long time, because of its crisp air and a light sunshine, as if it was passing through a tinted glass. I walked down from the mountain and walked further and further into the gorge, trying to explore it to the fullest extent possible.Soon, I set my foot on a flat plain, resembling like a base of a skull, and where there were thatched houses made of soft tissue like flesh. The inmates were like pigmies, hardly 2 feet tall with funny faces. It was a small village town. Their main occupation was agriculture. I could see for miles vast brown flat plains, where foodstuffs looking like wheat, rice and pulses were cultivated and grown.I approached one of the inmates, trying to befriend him.“Hello, there ! --- said I“Hello, I live here and my name is XENO, the village head.”Totally taken aback, that he can speak English, I inquired.“Since when have you been living here ?”Giving an impish smile, he responded,“Since many moons back.”“How’s life over here ?”“We work by the night and sleep during the day.”“That’s amazing, buddy.”He invited me to be his guest for a day and took me to his hut. I was made to wear to sort of footwear which prevented me from slipping on this rubber like floor. I noticed that the walls of the hut was like a human flesh. Then food was ordered and served.“Take, eat this delicacy, it’s really very tasty.”It looked like a wheat porridge and I gulped it down gladly.Then, he took me around his village and showed me all the important landmarks.There was an imposing structure of nearly 50 feet, called The Tower Of Silence. Here, I was told that they bury their dead. Then, I was taken to a Museum of Gods. This place was a holy place, resembling a structure, which was a cross between a church and a temple and where these inhabitants come for prayers.It was awesome and scary !I passed this interesting plain, and walked, walked and walked. Suddenly, I came across what looked like a cave. On entering I saw rows of laser like beams crisscrossing each other. These beams were resembling like the nerves of a human brain. Each laser beam had a unique function to perform. Trying to experiment these beams, I courageously walked up-to the first beam in the first row. I touched the beam in front of me and imagine my shock, when I realized that I could think 12 different situations all at once! I was overjoyed by this experience and wanted to experiment further. Next, I touched the second beam and lo! I seemed to have the solutions of 10 mathematical problems all at one go! I went on to experiment many such laser beams and each beam had a specific function to perform. Solutions, that defied logic in the times gone by, were now open and clear. One of the greatest discoveries which I made was by a particular laser beam, let’s say call it XX(pronounced as Double X) This marvelous laser beam had answers and cures to many diseases, like cancer, aids, Alzheimer and diabetes. I touched this particular laser beam XX and I got all the answers of the above diseases. I noted down all the data into my cell-phone and stored all the information.Going further into the interior of the gorge, I chanced upon a mass of jelly like substance, looking like the cerebellum of a brain, which had a mass of grey matter. When touched, this grey matter lighted up! I also found that my level of intelligence had gone up tremendously, when I just touched this matter. Many confused thoughts which were troubling me all these years suddenly cleared up in my mind. In the areas of human relations, I found that I was a better place person viz a viz: with my family members, friends and relatives. I also came to know that there is no greed, hatred or jealousy but only love, compassion and friendship in this world.Now, I had reached the abyss of the brain and was preparing to climb up the mouth of the gorge, when a sudden thud woke me up. Little did I know that the Volvo Bus had smashed headlong into the oncoming truck filled with potatoes. Since I was meditating, I did not experience any pain then! But, on waking up, I found that I was bleeding profusely near my left eye. I realized that I had a deep cut of about 1 inch deep just above my left eye lash. I was covering this spot with my handkerchief to stop the flow of blood oozing out of this wound. I also saw that only three or four passengers were in this accident bus, and were either unconscious or dead! I tried to get up from my seat, but discovered that my left leg had completely turned black and blue by the impact and there was no life in this leg. I was trembling with fear and started rubbing this leg with both my hands and slowly walked down the bus into the open ground. I was sitting on the ground nursing me bruised leg, when I came across a surviving passenger, who unfolded the full accident to me. My little son, Rajeev, then hardly 10 years old was also injured, but he blurted out: “ Papa, I am o. k, Papa I am o.k.” His injury was very amusing. An iron net was attached at the back of every seat for keeping newspapers, magazines etc for the passengers. It seemed that when the bus hit the truck, all the passengers were thrust in front with their heads banging into the back seat of the passenger sitting in front. So, Rajeev’s head banged into the wire mesh iron net ! The iron mesh net was made of small squares and a marking of a “T” was embedded in the middle of Rajeev’s face between his eye- brows. He was bleeding very badly from this spot. This marking is still there on Rajeev’s face up to this day !Actually, the Volvo Bus started from Bangalore Circle at 9. 30 a.m.. It was going at quite a high speed when that passenger noticed a State Transport Karnataka Bus trying to overtake the Volvo from the left. Meanwhile, the driver of the Volvo was noticing a truck filled with potatoes coming from the opposite direction. Trying to clear the Karnataka Bus, the driver of the Volvo cut loose and accelerated. But, he just could not clear the incoming truck, and smashed headlong into it ! Luckily, the Karnataka Bus veered on the left and banged it against the compound wall of a nearby school and thus was saved from a major disaster.Inside the bus, the scene was horrible. Bits of shattered glass pieces lay strewn across the floor of the bus. The seats were completely twisted and some of them had turned into a round object. I saw a small girl under one of the seats crying loudly, saying: “Mummy, Mummy where are you.” I went near the seat where the little girl was trapped and I pulled her out. She was severely injured in her thighs and her front two teeth were missing. I took the girl down the bus and handed her over to a policeman. Now the bus was in a pretty bad shape. The glass panes of the windows had developed large cracks, while some of them were missing, probably blown out of their hinges, due to the deadly impact of the collisions. Luckily, the ceiling of the Volvo had a minimum damage. The driver of the bus was not to be found, who I came to know later that both his legs had been amputated and later died. I and my son Rajeev also got ourselves admitted in a Bangalore hospital and had 7 stitches done up near my left eye brow and my left leg was also treated. Rajeev was gifted with 9 stitches ! We got well and reached Bombay after 10 days.Whew! What a journey into the Abyss of the Brain!??______ The End _______copyrights@ManoharBhatia.All rights are reserved.Notes:I will request the members for their kind inputs.Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment