Sunday, October 24, 2010

Celebrity/Personality Writer____ An Essay.

Manohar Bhatia
Hi,
As a writer, I hadn't the wildest idea how far writings are good/bad/ugly for an unknown writer.I have been writing for the last 30 years, right from my college days at Bhavan's College(Chowpatty) and I have also been reading the writings of others who are in contact with me.All this while, I was an innocent writer, little caring about the insides of human phychology.I used to read all the writings of all my friends in college,when these were brought to me and used to put my heartfull comments on each of my friend.I also found in those times, that a celebrity writer was all brains(whether true or not) and their writings reflected great amount of truthfullness what they had to say or advise.But now, see how times have changed and I am really sad to see what is happenning.There is hardly any amount of attention/care given to anybody who writes.In the blogs fields, if you want anyone to comment on your concept/story/poem/idea, then you better virtually beg that person for their 'valuable' comments.I have also noticed that the writings of a person depends on his personality........whether he is handsome, kind, likable, friendly, etc.This, according to me is wrong and this happens only in India.In abroad, an ugly writer will be complimented/applauded if his writing is good and has some useful message to offer for the benefit of society.When we Indians, will change our attitude and go about the right way of thinking?And about publishing, the scene is horrible.There are many talented writers waiting to be published, but the publishers will not even look at their MS, although their writings may be pathbreaking.Why this is happening?I think the fault lies with both the authors and the publishers.........for the writers, the gap has to vanish with their ego & a blend of unity and tact and for the publishers, to think beyond the recovering of their finances.Whenever, a new author writes anything, he has the impression, that he has written the best MS, without going to the experts for their views.And still, when the experts do give their comments, the writer is not convinced.Writers can understand that the publishers cannot publish all the books of all the writers.
Please post a comment, if you have read this article.Thanks.
Manohar Bhatia.
Pranav Borah
Hi Manohar,
I really liked the part when you said that the writings of person depends on his personality. What I think is that it all depends on your thoughts & perceptions. I have read on of your earlier writing. You really write good. I really have a lot to learn from you in this respect. Keep posting.Regards,
Pranav.
Manohar Bhatia
Pranav,First, let me thank you for your comments.
Second, Pranav, I want to tell you something very important.Personality dosn't mean only good looks; it means the overall x-factor.A writer may not be good looking via his features of skin,color,etc. but, as you said, his thoughts and perceptions will be endearing for inspection and it is here that his writings will come into play........that is, if at all, he is a writer.May God bless.Manohar Bhatia.
Pranav Borah
you are very much true...

No comments:

Post a Comment