Sunday, August 22, 2010

["Book Of Poems"]___________ Anthology.

[" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
Views: 45
Aug 20, 2010 8:51 am
[" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
#
Manohar Bhatia
Dear Members,I have been thinking about the about the above project for a long time, but the pieces didn't seem to fall into place.Now, I believe, the time is calling me.We have been together for a pretty long time, having written our own poems and some F.O.R.M. poems learnt from our Master poet,Jack Huber.Won't it be a great idea, if all the poets are brought under one roof to display their writings? I cannot promise anything at this stage, but if proper efforts are put by every poet,who likes to get his/her poems published,I would jump in with my contacts with my publisher.The idea is still in a nascent stage and lots of things have to be worked out in bringing out this works of art into the market commercially.For a beginning, we have to put this concept in front of the poets and ask them whether they are interested in such a project.But I believe, their answer will be in the affirmative,because which writer does not need a platform to showcase his/her talent and get published? From my side, a minimum 100 copies sale is assured through my contacts and friends.And with the writers pitching in the sales through their contacts/frineds, a reasonable number of copies can be sold, besides the thrill/excitement of getting published.In this project, we have to forget about individual glory for getting published.....it is difficult and may never happen.So, why not go for this Anthology idea?I am interested in the following poets__________1)Diane.T.2)Diane.S.3)Ayub Bangroo4)Maya Mahant5)Margaret6)Jessie7)Manohar Bhatia8)Jack Huber(courtesy for including some great poems)It may be a big book and may cost lots of investments,but I will convince the publisher about this.A publisher requests every published poet to help in selling some of the printed copies of the book.Will any member be interested?Manohar Bhatia.
Private Reply to Manohar Bhatia Delete your post
Aug 20, 2010 9:21 am
re: [" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
#
Manohar Bhatia
Hi,By an oversight,I have forgotten to add the following poet_______9)Khurshid Alam.Manohar Bhatia.
Private Reply to Manohar Bhatia Delete your post
Aug 20, 2010 1:46 pm
re: re: [" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
#
Diane Tegarden
Manohar,first of all, thank you for the consideration of including me in the anthology, it's an honor to be chosen. My main question would be: how would the individual poets get paid in an anthology situation?I'm honestly having trouble selling my own books, and am not sure how many I could sell of this anthology. Poetry is a very hard sell!Please let me know how we would go about it,Diane T.Energetically, Diane Tegarden"Getting OUT of Limbo-A Self Help Divorce Book for Women";"Light ThroughShuttered Window- A Compendium of my Poetry";"Anti-Vigilante and TheRips in Time"- available at www.firewalkerpublications.com and www.Amazon.com
Private Reply to Diane Tegarden
Aug 21, 2010 2:29 am
re: re: [" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
#
Maya Mahant
Manohar,Thank you for having me as one of the writers.... I hope your project will find success. Do consider including Rampyari in your list, her poems are wonderful. But that is my opinion.Maya
Private Reply to Maya Mahant
Aug 21, 2010 9:19 am
re: re: re: [" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
#
Manohar Bhatia
Dear Diane/Maya,Thank you for showing interest in the project___ [Anthology].Diane, regarding your question of being paid, my publsiher is a priest and his accounts are always in order as far as royalties have to be paid to the writers.I would suggest to the publisher one contract only for all the poets, whose names will feature as part of the agreement.Since, it will be troublesome for the publisher to send royalties to each poet and incur heavy bank charges to his publishing house,let him pay to any two parties only(provided all poets agree)_____ one in India and one abroad in foreign exchange.The parties in charge of the accounts could distribute the royalties to each other in their respective countries.First, we will have to work hard in the initial stage of this venture.I want the maximum 50 poems from each poet and not more.Then formatting,layout,design each page have to be worked out.What I would like to tell you is______ lets give some kind of support to the publisher.I suggest that each poet makes a rough copy of his/her project,by typing these on the computer and keep it ready to be sent it to me.And, don't be in a hurry_____ take your time,to go over your poems a number of times___ the more we help the publisher,he will appreciate it more.Then, the publisher would be most grateful if each poet sells the maximum number of copies through their contacts/friends circle.Please try to understand,if the publisher does give me a nod, he will be doing a great favor on us by getting us all published, as he will be investing a lot of his money.Every poet is also requested for a book launch on a modest investment/press release, etc.These presale efforts will go a long way for the success of this Anthology.I think we can all do it.I am expecting some more bright ideas from the poets.Thanks.Manohar Bhatia.
Private Reply to Manohar Bhatia Delete your post
Aug 21, 2010 11:33 am
re: re: re: re: [" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
#
Khurshid Alam
A great idea Manohar,I think the way you're showing us is recommendable. If this anthology really comes out, I will work on one side.I will send copies to the newspapers/magazines/online journals etc in India for reviews. Wherever it would require submission charges (some publications charge) I will pay the charges. For this I would require to buy copies of the anthologies and I am ready to buy as many copies as I require for this purpose. Also, any members of us can suggest other media if I miss to send for reviews.--Khurshid Alam
Private Reply to Khurshid Alam
Aug 22, 2010 4:06 am
re: re: re: re: re: [" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
#
Manohar Bhatia
Khurshid,I am grateful you have agreed to be in this Anthology venture.And I am also happy to read that you will be doing your bit in the sales of the copies.Khurshid,to be very frank to you, times for both authors and publishers have changed.While,the authors have been treated very badly in the past,the poor publishers had their own sack of problems.Simply, cursing the publishers would not break much ice.Now, the authors have also to work in the sales of their books and help the publishers, who invests a lot of his money in printing the copies and running his press.I will say, any author is lucky, if the publisher just says 'yes' to his manuscripts.Perhaps, you don't know, when the publisher told me that he is ready to print my book under a lovable condition,that I help him sale the copies,I at once agreed.Now, I have personally targetted around 30 shops in Mumbai, which I visit as and when possible and inquire about the sales.Just imagine, if everyone one of us in this Anthology book, does his/her bit,how many extra copies can be sold in the market? I tell you Khurshid,If the shopkeeper doesn't buy your books, tell him to keep the books on 'sale & return' basis.I know there is a little bit of risk involved in this way,but if you visit the shop after a month or so, you will find,some of your books actually sold by him!Don't forget,if the author is a King in his den, the publisher is the Emperor in his palace!Khurshid, I would like you to take some of this responsiblity for only a short time,till the book goes into the press.Are you ready?Manohar Bhatia.
Private Reply to Manohar Bhatia Delete your post
Aug 22, 2010 12:24 pm
re: re: re: re: re: re: [" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
#
Khurshid Alam
Yeah Manohar,I'm ready to help you and all those who will be in the group. Please be clear on two points that:1. I am ready to help in this program2. But as I've my job, that allows me little freedom, so I have to work hard to cooperate you all.So please keep these things in mind. Always suggest me ways and I will be with you all.-Khurshid Alam
Private Reply to Khurshid Alam
Aug 22, 2010 5:07 pm
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: [" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
#
Pushpa Moorjani
Aw!! Me not good enough on your list???:))
Private Reply to Pushpa Moorjani
Aug 22, 2010 10:27 pm
re: [" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Venture.
#
Deb..... Always SMILING!
Awww and did you forget me :<)
Private Reply to Deb..... Always SMILING!
Aug 23, 2010 1:20 am
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: [" Book Of Poems___ Anthology"]__________ Publishing Ventu
#
Manohar Bhatia
Pushpa/Deb,Both of your poems are good,but are you prepared to work without investments? I am expecting a minimum sale of 50 copies from each of you...... are you willing to put in efforts?As I have explained earlier, times have changed....now the authors have to work to get them published.And, who will earn the royalties and the fame?Only you!Manohar Bhatia.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Poets,
    The above book of poems will be published by us,with contributins from world poets.Poets,who are in their respective countries,wanting to enter their 25 best poems,please contact______

    manoharbhatia2@gmail.com

    Manohar Bhatia.

    ReplyDelete